Thread: What did you pay for your Passat B7 125TDI?

What did you pay for your Passat B7 125TDI?

As per title suggest ... would like to know what everyone is paying for their cars.

Looking at upgrading from my MK5 GTI.
    Want something bigger and looking at a wagon.
    Would like good boot space that can accomodate a baby pram and some shopping as the pram has taken up almost the full boot space of the Golf.
    Last edited by illusnz; 22-03-2012 at 12:01 PM.

Users Country Flag

Users Country Flag
    45k on road with fleet discount 8k
    Sports pack
    Visual assist
    Adaptive cruise
    Park assist 2

Mine was a little more expensive but I purchased back in July 2011 when they were new to the market

$48k on road
    125TDI Wagon
    Black (Met/Pearl Paint)
    Auto Tailgate
    RNS510 with RVC
    Last edited by dopey; 22-03-2012 at 02:28 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Well mine has all the fruit and was bought in early June when they were a bit hard to get and had just over $10,000 of extras so you can work out my wallet is fairly empty.

Has Driver package, metallic brown, Satnav (useless) RVC,Park assist 2, Front assist, lane assist, electric tailgate, Bluemotion stopstart, Xenon swivelling headlights Walnut wood trim,Cream leather with the fancy seats( waste of money)

However is a very nice vehicle and we love it.

The Ford Mondeo however does have more space in the rear, but the diesel is rattly in comparison to the Passat.
    Also the black interior is like a cows belly at midnite.

Users Country Flag
    interested to get a price comparison too.

I have a budget of $45,000 and really want the 125tdi wagon. Not after any extras as long as it's the MY13.

Went to the dealer on Tuesday and had a chat with the sales guy. As I have 6-8 months before I'm looking at purchasing I was honest and told him up front that I would prefer a Demo model and MY13 and didn't want to pay more that $45,000 including on-road costs. He's response was that if I'm willing to pay that price, I could order a new one for the same price.

Sounds too good to be true given that that the cost sheet I was handed had the 125tdi wagon listed as $51,615 drive away.

Considering my car was $48k drive away and all of the options I paid for are now standard, I'd say it's very possible to get one UNDER your $45k budget.

Users Country Flag

Also consider they have free onoad promos at times ('diesel driveaway deals'), not sure when in the next 6-8 months but perhaps a better time then to buy if you are after a better price and have the time as $45k would be the price before any negotiation. But yeah, I was happy enough with $45k driveaway for my MY13 wagon.