Thread: Last of the MY10 Passat's finally arriving

Users Country Flag

Smile Last of the MY10 Passat's finally arriving

Hi Guys,

Certainly learnt alot in the past few months reading your forum posts whilst I wait for my Passat TDI wagon to arrive after being ordered 26/5/2010!!

Dealer finally provided me my VIN after explaining that ONLY customer orders were being built as the Emden factory (plagued with parts supply issues with recent floods & GFC) starts gearing up for the 7th generation model. So looks like it's finally on the cargo ship & on it's way to a very anxious owner.

I've previously driven MY95 Mazda ASTINA 2.0l V6 FWD and for the past 6 years MY04 Subaru WRX 2.0l AWD but just got sick of manual gearshifting in peak hour traffic & weekly filling up with PULP. Though household just coping with one car & 2 kids, really looking forward to a DIESEL wagon so we can go on long family trips & only have to fill up every 800-900km's/tank

Keep up the good useful posts & I look forward to helping out others where I can from my experience & learnings.

Wagen Wheels.
    MY10.8 Icelandic Grey Passat 125TDI Highline DSG wagon with sunroof, ACC, MDI, RVC & auto tailgate (factory)

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Post Tracking ship cargo now

Well, dealer has finally provided me with my VIN & I've started tracking it's progress via the Wallenius Wilhelmsen Logistics website and looks like it lands in Melbourne on the 11th October 2010.

According to Booking Number: DEBRB846705, there's about 300 other VW cars on voyage CO025-BSS so I eagerly await the "BESS" cargo ship to make it's way out of Germany, into Belgium, France, United Kingdom, South Africa, and then finally into Australia.

For those of you that also want to track your cargo ship with your car, once you know the vessel's name use the this web site:

Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions

Wagen Wheels
    MY10.8 Icelandic Grey Passat 125TDI Highline DSG wagon with sunroof, ACC, MDI, RVC & auto tailgate (factory)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagen Wheels View Post
    According to Booking Number: DEBRB846705, there's about 300 other VW cars on voyage CO025-BSS so I eagerly await the "BESS" cargo ship to make it's way out of Germany, into Belgium, France, United Kingdom, South Africa, and then finally into Australia.
    My MY11 Golf is also on "BESS". It's going to be a long haul before it reaches melbourne
    Golf Mk6 118TSI DSG + Sports Pack

Users Country Flag
    Ouch, that's a long wait.. hope my V6FSI passat isn't on that boat!

Well Sagan5 & anyone else waiting for their new set of wheels on the cargo ship "BESS".

Looks like it will sail into Melbourne docks this Sunday 10th October. So hopefully once the cars clear customs, the dealers should start receiving the new stock later on that week or from Monday 18th October onwards.

Now that I've seen the new 2011 Passat's revealed at the Paris Motor Show, I really can't wait for the last of MY10 models. However, can someone please explain to me how they come up with the "MY10.5 upgrade" as the car is technically still made in the year 2010??

Wagen Wheels.

Smile My Baby was finally delivered today!

After a long 5 month wait, my new pride & joy was finally delivered to the dealer. Hopefully I'll get it by the end of next week to run her in during the long Melbourne Cup weekend?

Front View

Side View
    Last edited by Wagen Wheels; 22-10-2010 at 09:27 AM.

Thumbs up Wagen Wheels finally at home

So here's the final product which I picked on Friday 29th October with a full tank of diesel. Filled up for the first time after 927km and she's still running in!!!

Love the car so far and the Front Assist + Adaptive Cruise Control (I know you're not meant to really use it whilst running in a new engine) are fantastic features and I now know why they'll probably be standard on next year's model.

The only two things that I'll comment on are:

1. The brakes are very 'touchy' compared to most other cars and is it my imagination or does the brake pedal sit out much higher than other cars?

2. Would like the option to change the 3 blinker flashes to at least 5 flashes when you just tap on the indicator rather than having to hold it down.

Last edited by Wagen Wheels; 11-01-2011 at 08:15 PM. Reason: wrong delivery month cited, doh!