Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: RNS510 firmware update - only half worked?

Users Country Flag

Question RNS510 firmware update - only half worked?

Hi.

I have an "C" unit, 1T0 035 680 C, non LED that was running kamolds orginal 27xx repartitioned firmware.

I recently tried to upgrade it to kamolds new partitioned 39xx but have realised I made the error that's it not compatible on a "C" unit.

After a battery disconnect and drain, it came back, with the 3xxxx firmware boot logo, and asked for a SWL cd.

I managed to reflash it back to the 27xx repartitioned firmware ok, radio works, plays from a SD card, plays a DVD, but some elements don't work.

The touch screen doesn't work. There's no button illumination from the light switch. Also it won't see my Dension Gateway 5.

With VAGCOM it will only load up half the buttons. i.e. the coding and adaptation buttons don't work/show up.

So my question is, has it somehow recoded the on board memory/BIOS, as opposed to the HDD, to something my car can't see?

I'm going to try a generic 3810 firmware tonight but it's the "D" version which will probably stuff it again, unless someone can swing me a 3810 generic for A/B/C? (megaupload is down)

If no firmware solution I'm going to go a new HDD but not 100% that will solve it. I'm pretty certain there's no hardware damage, otherwise it wouldn't work

Thanks in advance

Ben

Users Country Flag
    The HDD doesn't store anything apart from maps and music. All other info is stored in various flash onboard.
    I would try using josi's recovery firmware CD, then reload either 27xx, or the modified 38xx firmware with swapped files for C units. They are at vwnavi cant give you a full URL at the moment from work. Search for josi recovery cd.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Well I got it to the load screen for the recovery CD but I thought I'd go straight to your re partitioned 27xx instead.

Will try that at home, but if you have the URL for the modified 38xx, that'd be handy.

Cheers Julian, much appreciated.

Users Country Flag
    Unofficial 272x software and SWL recovery CD

Actually looks like there isn't a link to modified 38xx firmware for older units. Would recommend sticking with 2760 unless you want me to try and make up a modified 38xx for you to test. Need to swap around some tables same as 2760 modified so in theory it 'should' work the same...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Thanks for that but the dreaded megaupload has stopped it.

It's cool, ozmale emailed it to me.

Yeah I'll go back to what I had, I was keen on the custom POI's but I can live without it.

Well if I can successfully resurrect my unit, then I'm happy to dev a 38xx firmware for A/B/C units for you.

Users Country Flag
    The last post has a link to the iso on google docs.

Thanks again

---------- Post added at 07:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 PM ----------

Nup, no love.

I ran the Recovery CD and it flashed just the 'SWL' component and it was done in under 5 mins.

It came up but with same issues.

I flashed the repartitioned 2760 and still the same issue.

In the CAN gateway under VAGCOM it's saying there's no communication with the CD-ROM, Radio, Navigation etc.

Not sure what else to do? Not keen on taking it to VW

Users Country Flag
    benough,

you have email (@gmail)

ENJOY
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Alright

I tried the A/B/C version just now and same issue. It gets to the GATEWAY part of the update, 12% in it says (Error 202) and then ejects the CD and shuts down.

When I do the 2720 recovery CD and the repartitioned 27xx CD the Gateway part of the update isn't there.

Does anyone have a official 2760 VW cd perhaps?

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by benough View Post
    Hi.

I have an "C" unit, 1T0 035 680 C, non LED that was running kamolds orginal 27xx repartitioned firmware.

I recently tried to upgrade it to kamolds new partitioned 39xx but have realised I made the error that's it not compatible on a "C" unit.

After a battery disconnect and drain, it came back, with the 3xxxx firmware boot logo, and asked for a SWL cd.

I managed to reflash it back to the 27xx repartitioned firmware ok, radio works, plays from a SD card, plays a DVD, but some elements don't work.

The touch screen doesn't work. There's no button illumination from the light switch. Also it won't see my Dension Gateway 5.

With VAGCOM it will only load up half the buttons. i.e. the coding and adaptation buttons don't work/show up.

So my question is, has it somehow recoded the on board memory/BIOS, as opposed to the HDD, to something my car can't see?

I'm going to try a generic 3810 firmware tonight but it's the "D" version which will probably stuff it again, unless someone can swing me a 3810 generic for A/B/C? (megaupload is down)

If no firmware solution I'm going to go a new HDD but not 100% that will solve it. I'm pretty certain there's no hardware damage, otherwise it wouldn't work

Thanks in advance

Ben
    I have exactly the same unit as you and KAMOLD installed the POI and the 39XXXX upgrade and it works perfectly ,i'm sure Kamold will set you straight .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast