Support VWWC

Thread: RNS510 & Aftermarket Amp Coding

Users Country Flag

Question RNS510 & Aftermarket Amp Coding

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if it is a coding issue, but I don't have any audio coming out of my rear speakers. The install guys said it was probably because I had changed the speakers and was still using the factory amp.

I have now removed my factory amp and have 2 after market Arc Mini 125.4 amp's and still don't have any sound going to the rear. They say everything is wired up correctly and think it is a coding problem.

Can anyone shed any knowledge on this?

I can only find this: Volkswagen RNS 510 coding when installing with a factory amplifier | my-gti.com but it talks only about the factory amp.

Cheers,

Dean
    Genuine VW Parts Importer | Navigation | Bluetooth |
    Repairs | Lighting | Coding | Programming |Cameras

Users Country Flag

Do you have any pics or idea of how the speakers are hooked up? I tried to put JBL components in the back of the Jetta and had trouble getting sound. What I did find are these. Seems if you are using the original harness, you need these. Used them and the JBLs fired up no dramas!
    Graphite Blue TDI| DSG | Leather | Bi-Xenons | Custom LED inner tails | Black Forest TAI | OSIR Pod & New South Boost Gauge | Bluefin | Projector Fogs | RNS510 | Skoda Bluetooth | Eibach Pro kit Springs| Full LED interior|US GLI paddle shift MFSW|Carbon Vinyl wrapped trims|Colour Coded Votex Body Kit|