Thread: RCD510 secret menu and extra features

Users Country Flag

RCD510 secret menu and extra features

Hi all,

I just installed an RCD510 into my 2006 Passat B6 tdi wagon. Everything seems to work perfectly but there are some features I was expecting but don't have.

1. I have OEM parking sensors on the front and back. I've seen some youtube clips of people getting a picture of the car up on the RCD510 which shows the sensors. How do i get this on my rcd510?

2. Can i get the Climatronics display up on the head unit? I've also seen clips on youtube but i'm not sure if this feature will work on my car.

3. I can't seem to get onto the "secret menu". When i press and hold the "setup" button, i get to the radio menu but it never changes to the "secret menu" regardless of how long I hold the button down for.
    Can anyone shed some light on this for me? I'm sure i'm doing something wrong.

Hey My Passat Owning Brother

You may have OEM Parking sensors however they are more than likely not the OPS System (Optical Parking Sensors) you probably only have the the Audible System PDC - (Park Distance Control)

My Passat didn't have any Parking Sensors at all i retrofitted the OPS System to Mine now it displays on the RCD510 Awesomely! and Accurately too! (its about 600 Bucks for the Kit)

-----------------------------------------------

for the Climatronic Display on the Screen I believe you have to have the Later Climatronic controls installed and Do a Wiring loop on the Climatronic Harness to trigger them to Display on the screen!

I decided to stick with the Old Style Controls I preferred them!

You need this new Style

As for the "Secret Menu" I believe you have to be pushing and holding the Setup button and put your key in and push to the on position with the other!

Also i think the Secret menu only works on some RCD510s there are Three Versions of that radio now!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you upgrade your Can Gateway prior to Changing to the RCD510?

other wise you may have the unpleasant surprise of your battery being sucked dry by your lovely new Touch Screen Radio

---------- Post added at 03:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Pawnii View Post
    1. I have OEM parking sensors on the front and back. I've seen some youtube clips of people getting a picture of the car up on the RCD510 which shows the sensors. How do i get this on my rcd510?
    Upgrading of Volkswagen Park Distance Control (PDC) to Optical Parking System (OPS) | my-gti.com
    This Page should help you Upgrade your PDC system to the Visual OPS System!

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:55 PM ----------

FWIW - My RCD510 Does not display the Secret menu at all Either!

Its either to do with the Version we have or the fact we don't have the Latest Climatronic
    - 2010 Golf R
    - 1997 Golf VR6
    - 1989 MKII Golf Diesel
    - 1987 VW Golf GTI 16V

i just had a go on my 2011 gti with the rcd510, nope, nothing. whats the go with it?
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    Secret Menu is only available for RNS......

Holding setup on RCD510 only takes you to the Radio (FM/AM behind the scenes menu)
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

If you upgrade your RNS510 firmware using the CD image in this thread you'll get the secret menu and also Video in Motion.

However this will wipe all music and maps off your HDD so you will need to reload these. Read the entire thread before you start playing

Users Country Flag
    How ever the OP has RCD510,

yeh, the liked youtube clip is a rcd510, albeit a euro version or diff buttons. confused
    2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Brother HitmanR23,

thanks for the reply and info. I was afraid i didn't have the right gear to have these features. I don't have OPS sensor so there goes that cool function. I don't have the updated climatronics either so there goes that cool function also.
    It's a bit of a bugger because both those features on the RCD510 was half the reason i upgraded lol

I probably won't invest into the OPS system just to get it on screen considering i already have PDC.
    I'd rather invest in installing the MDI, blu-tooth and reversing camera.

One day I will actually notice when someone says they have a RCD510

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

i found this.
    I'll give it a go one day