Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: If you want the 3xxx RNS firmware and POI's to work.. look here.

If you want the 3xxx RNS firmware and POI's to work.. look here.

Thanks to "mythik", I have worked out that you can install the 3970 firmware and have POI's working due to a bug in the firmware itself ^_^
    The firmware beta 3970 series does not partition your drive (it should), so what you can do is install your 2760 firmware with your maps, and then upgrade straight to 3970 and still have POI's working as they are located in the old location.

Just tested this myself today, works well for me because my BT audio had issues in the 2xxx firmware.

Enjoy.

link to firmware:
    Volkswagen RNS 510 Firmware Upgrade to version 3970 / 3974 / 3976 / 3978 | my-gti.com

(Make sure you are on 2xxx firmware before you upgrade to 3970, as it must be in the 2 partition format and not the 3 partition format.

edit: Tested on a version D unit only. No reports of it working on other units yet, please read thread of info.
    Last edited by vk; 09-11-2011 at 04:08 PM.

Users Country Flag

No fun

Quote Originally Posted by 118 Tsi View Post

No fun
    Did it stop at any given time? (ie any of the loading bars?), I had that a while ago when trying to install sw 2760 and it turns out it was my cd writer.

also what rns version have you got?
    Mine is a version D

edit:
    try going from 2xxx to 3930 adn then to 3970
    http://www.my-gti.com/3114/volkswage...3934-3936-3938
    Last edited by vk; 09-11-2011 at 12:07 PM.

Users Country Flag
    didnt even start showing the loading bars. this **** is all so hard to do on a mac! all these rar files and stuff dont like working. I believe my unit is a d because it had a sticker stuck behind where the head unit sits with a big D on it..? (mk5 r32)

didnt even start showing the loading bars. this **** is all so hard to do on a mac! all these rar files and stuff dont like working. I believe my unit is a d because it had a sticker stuck behind where the head unit sits with a big D on it..? (mk5 r32)
    When did you purchase the unit?
    If its a D it should have just worked first off, have you done any sw loading before? Id say the mac isnt burning the image right, my mac used to have troubles.

Users Country Flag
    ok i may give it a spin of a windows computer and see. Its a factory fitted unit. Thanks for your help mate. Just annoying me not being able to use the larger sd cards!

ok i may give it a spin of a windows computer and see. Its a factory fitted unit. Thanks for your help mate. Just annoying me not being able to use the larger sd cards!
    factory fitted in a mk5 doesnt sound like it would be a revision D unit :S

Users Country Flag

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

just tried with a disk i burned off windows and same error, it loads like it should, then says searching for swl or something like that, then "valid swl image found, starting swl"

Then BANG error again. starting to piss me off, may see if someone in melbourne can lend me their disk

---------- Post added at 04:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:48 PM ----------

just tried with a disk i burned off windows and same error, it loads like it should, then says searching for swl or something like that, then "valid swl image found, starting swl"

Then BANG error again. starting to piss me off, may see if someone in melbourne can lend me their disk
    as you can see there, yours is a revision A unit, these are harder to please than the others as they are the first series of units :O
    I believe you need to make modifications to the firmware in order to get newer firmwares on the A units, might need to google that.

Users Country Flag

well dont i feel like a fool now! What the hells the other sticker with the "D" on it haha

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast