Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: If you want the 3xxx RNS firmware and POI's to work.. look here.

Users Country Flag

Its called Setconfig for RNS510, its written in part by josi from the vwnavi forums.
    Has a hardware lock the same as VCDS. The customizing is limited to which modules are loaded, custom boot image, plus changing any of the script files whilst maintaining a valid CRC. There is a pro version as well which has more diagnostics available (ie you bench the RNS510 and hook up directly to your laptop with the supplied cable) and do backups of various files direct from the unit etc. You can also make custom disks that swap around various files to allow newer firmware to run on older units.

Would be happy to look at whats on the BMW nav disk if someone has access to one and see if we can hack something together. I've played a lot with iGo map data however I understand they are much easier to work with than the 'OEM' nav setups. Nothing is impossible though

Have come across a 'backup' of the BMW disk will take a look and see what we can do...

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Ok so the structure on the disk is the same as the VW files however the one I found is 2009 data also.
    Need to see if there is a newer version available...
    Last edited by kamold; 13-11-2011 at 10:46 AM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    Its called Setconfig for RNS510, its written in part by josi from the vwnavi forums.
    Has a hardware lock the same as VCDS. The customizing is limited to which modules are loaded, custom boot image, plus changing any of the script files whilst maintaining a valid CRC. There is a pro version as well which has more diagnostics available (ie you bench the RNS510 and hook up directly to your laptop with the supplied cable) and do backups of various files direct from the unit etc. You can also make custom disks that swap around various files to allow newer firmware to run on older units.

Would be happy to look at whats on the BMW nav disk if someone has access to one and see if we can hack something together. I've played a lot with iGo map data however I understand they are much easier to work with than the 'OEM' nav setups. Nothing is impossible though

Have come across a 'backup' of the BMW disk will take a look and see what we can do...

---------- Post added at 12:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:27 AM ----------

Ok so the structure on the disk is the same as the VW files however the one I found is 2009 data also.
    Need to see if there is a newer version available...
    i know that the bmw ones are able to be bought, and they are not too expensive, we could all chip in for the latest?

Users Country Flag
    I've done a little reading and there are a few people complaining that the 2011 map disks they bought are just relabelled 2010 disks...would need to check that there is indeed a v17 (2011) disk actually available. Sound like BMW Aus is not much better than VW Aus with updates...
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    V16 (Red Disc) info available here BMW High 2010 AUSTRALIA V16 (red disc)
    MY16 Touareg 4.2Lt V8 TDI/Pure White LED lightbox/REDARC Brake Controller/ Racechip/iDrive Throttle controller
    2008 GOLF .:R32/5DR DBPE DSG/SUNROOF/RNS510/PRIVACY TINT/CONTI SC3s/MILLTEK CATBACK NON-RES/9W2 BT/"MYR-032"

Users Country Flag

Thanks FJ Steve, but unfortunately that appears to be the same mapping data as we already have (ie 2009 data)
    Last edited by kamold; 13-11-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234