Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast

Thread: Firmware updates for European RNS510 units

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Let me check the modified script again when I get a chance. There may be a problem with the crc.
    Sizes are 75/20/5 it was just a typo in the name.
    Last edited by kamold; 26-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by foogy69 View Post
    I was using the FW_4020_70_20_5.iso file on a 1T0035680F unit.
    I tried a couple of different types of disc, but they all failed at the same point in the upgrade, after the APPL Update had got to 100%. I then got the SWL error as in sergiommms post above
    what device do you have B or c?

CRC is correct.
    I don't have time to look into further at the moment unfortunately.
    What firmware revision are you at before loading the 402x (second link) firmware?

One thing to try would be to go back to firmware 276x and then load the 402x (second link from the first post) custom firmware. I have found that units already at 402x firmware are EXTREMELY picky about cd media. My unit never had issues before being at 402x but now it rejects most media to do custom loads of a boot logo.

I got it to work with cdburnerxp, track at once recording onto TDK gold media.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Quote Originally Posted by jamerson View Post
    what device do you have B or c?
    From the part number 1T0035680F, I presume it is a F unit.

I tried the file Capy posted earlier in the thread, SWL_CD_4020_M3_EUR.iso, and it got as far as the Gateway update where it would fail. But after using the swl_fix.iso to get the unit working again, it showed 4020 was installed and everything worked except voice commands.
    sergiommms mentioned the 4020_nfb.iso a couple of posts ago, and I loaded this up and it worked a treat. It all works again including the voice commands.

Quote Originally Posted by foogy69 View Post
    From the part number 1T0035680F, I presume it is a F unit.

I tried the file Capy posted earlier in the thread, SWL_CD_4020_M3_EUR.iso, and it got as far as the Gateway update where it would fail. But after using the swl_fix.iso to get the unit working again, it showed 4020 was installed and everything worked except voice commands.
    sergiommms mentioned the 4020_nfb.iso a couple of posts ago, and I loaded this up and it worked a treat. It all works again including the voice commands.
    if you are in F unite dont try the A/B FW,
    if you are on 2XXX try to update first to 3XXX and see if it works, after go to 4xxx

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    CRC is correct.
    What firmware revision are you at before loading the 402x (second link) firmware?

One thing to try would be to go back to firmware 276x and then load the 402x (second link from the first post) custom firmware. I have found that units already at 402x firmware are EXTREMELY picky about cd media. My unit never had issues before being at 402x but now it rejects most media to do custom loads of a boot logo.

Actually I had FW4020 (australian partiotioning scheme) and was trying to install EU FW4020
    Ended up using 4020_nfb.iso and everything is running smooth.
    I might try the EU FW4020 on other units currently running FW3890, 3810 and lower

Quote Originally Posted by kamold View Post
    CRC is correct.

The unit did have 3970 firmware from the factory.

One thing I did notice after I had used 4020_nfb.iso to successfully update the firmware to 4020 was that I had 3gb or so extra HDD space. I think this extra space appeared after one of my failed updates with the FW_4020_70_20_5.iso

Users Country Flag
    Hello.I find out why i'm getting always "software loading error 010306".It seems that my Rns is a :" VW "Bluemotion" unit", with a different coding(3C0 035 680 C) and is not supported by this firmware.
    From vag com :
    Address 37: Navigation
    Part No SW: 1T0 035 680 D HW: 3C0 035 680 C
    Component: RNS-MID H01 3970

What to do now?

Quote Originally Posted by dangiurca View Post
    Hello.I find out why i'm getting always "software loading error 010306".It seems that my Rns is a :" VW "Bluemotion" unit", with a different coding(3C0 035 680 C) and is not supported by this firmware.
    From vag com :
    Address 37: Navigation
    Part No SW: 1T0 035 680 D HW: 3C0 035 680 C
    Component: RNS-MID H01 3970

What to do now?
    from the Vag com info, you have a D unite,
    are you Au or EU user?

It's not a unit which is supported by this firmware.

Page 9 of 41 FirstFirst ... 789101119 ... LastLast