Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom POIs with 3xxx firmware, Aus/NZ Maps v 4.1 and POInspect0r

Users Country Flag

Installed, and all is working great.

I actually think my C unit is running better on this ne F/W.

Thanks Kamold and Aussietig for all your efforts.
    MK VI GTI / 5 DOOR / DSG / LEATHER / TORNADO RED / APR STAGE 1 / CARBONIO CAI STAGE 1 + 2 / VMR VB3 18" MATTE BLACK

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    My totally unscientific observation is that the frame rate on the navigation map is higher with 39xx than 2760, it looks 'smoother'...but maybe its just my imagination...you'd really have to take video of each or have two running side by side to compare...

Anyone else have the same impression?
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    It is definatley running better, smoother and faster.

Even the menu selection is quicker in responding. It used to have a delay when I adjusted the volume via the steering wheel. The volume display on the screen would pop up a few seconds later and then hang for a bit while the red bar moved. Now it is instant, and same with the climatronic display. Much smother.
    MK VI GTI / 5 DOOR / DSG / LEATHER / TORNADO RED / APR STAGE 1 / CARBONIO CAI STAGE 1 + 2 / VMR VB3 18" MATTE BLACK

Users Country Flag
    This is amazing! Huge thanks to the original post author.

Is anyone able to point me in the direction of v4.1 maps? I'm super keen to fiddle with injecting POI entries from other sources.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by mythik View Post
    Is anyone able to point me in the direction of v4.1 maps?
    Suggest you look more carefully within this thread!

Say page 5.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Users Country Flag
    i tried installing this but it didnt work for me, from memory it said something about the source of the software or it was unsigned, I have to retry.

I do already have vim & the secret menu.

any tips

If you could take a note of the exact message it would help, but it sounds like you have an 'invalid source' which means that the RNS510 can't read the disk properly. Try to burn the disk again, using the slowest possible speed. Also try another brand of disk, or a different burner.
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    thanks kamold, i reburnt at 1x and its loading now.
    will this by chance reset my region code ? im hoping so i went to vw and they said they couldnt change it for some reason it wouldnt apply the new region code from their computer to my car =( they want to reflash it and ill have to leave my car with them

Region coding is set via vcds as far as I remember.

Users Country Flag

Look here at Maverick's website:

Changing the Region Code on the Volkswagen RNS 510
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Page 7 of 21 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast