Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Custom POIs with 3xxx firmware, Aus/NZ Maps v 4.1 and POInspect0r

Users Country Flag

Hi guys,

Im really keen to do the customized POI's. I have retrofitted the RNS unit myself, so I do not have a map disk.

Any idea of the best place to get a copy?

I have found this place,

VW Navigation Disc Australia & New Zealand V4.1 2011. with POI's $100, free shipping

Not sure if anyone else has something different.

I have also been told that upgrading the F/W on my C unit to 3xxx will delete voice control for good.

Not sure on the above, as I dont think I have it anyway.

Cheers
    MK VI GTI / 5 DOOR / DSG / LEATHER / TORNADO RED / APR STAGE 1 / CARBONIO CAI STAGE 1 + 2 / VMR VB3 18" MATTE BLACK

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    4.1 is the latest available map from VW, it is the one we are using that works with firmware 3xxx and custom POIs via SDCard upload.
    Haven't heard that voice control doesn't work with 3xxx firmware, it works OK on mine still (though still doesn't allow you enter destinations via voice which is annoying. Worked on my RNS-E in my A3 which is an older inferior unit in a lot of ways).
    2011 Skoda Octavia vRS TDI DSG wagon|Revo Stage 1|Race Blue|Leather|Dynamic Xenons w 6000K|9w7 BT|THA475 Amp+active sub|Whiteline ALK|RVC|
    2009 R36 wagon|Biscay Blue|RVC|Tailgate|ECU and DSG tune|LED DRL/Indicators|3D colour cluster|Quad LED tail rings|Climatronics upgrade|Dynaudio retrofit|B7 RLine Flat Steering Wheel|3AA CCM|TPMS Direct|B7 Adaptive Cruise with Front Assist|Discover Media retrofit|PLA 2.0|Lane Assist|BCM retrofit|High Beam Assist|DQ500

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir_GTI View Post
    Hi guys,

Im really keen to do the customized POI's. I have retrofitted the RNS unit myself, so I do not have a map disk.

Any idea of the best place to get a copy?

Cheers
    Try here: Australia/New Zealand Maps v4.2 available?

excellent work, thanks, upgraded my C nit with the custom POI's supplied. I haven't tested if my Video in motion has now been disbled though.... with regards to the custom POI's i'm really interested in just the speed camera locations and school zones. Did you mention that the data for your POI's school zones only covers NSW & SA? I live in WA and would love to be able to find a way to have all the new speed camera's updated (loads of new ones have been installed here) I wish I could update the multinova locations but I reckon i'm dreaming on that one....Thanks for all the hard work guys

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Youngc29 View Post
    with regards to the custom POI's i'm really interested in just the speed camera locations and school zones. Did you mention that the data for your POI's school zones only covers NSW & SA?
    My cameras should be nationwide, but probably 4 month's old.

School zones are only NSW & ACT.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Hi all. Anyone help a Pom?

Have followed Kamold's steps (excellent guide btw) up to step 9 and all working great. I now have 3970FW + v4.1 (CD_7676) maps all installed and everything works fine.... except...

The option to install 'My points of Interest' is greyed out and no matter what I do I can't seem to change it. I have checked the SD card...I have a PersonalPOI root folder with the PersonalPOI.db3 file (from PoiInspect0r v5.6) installed inside it.

The only thing I am unsure of is that my Maps disk came with some POI's preinstalled on the disk...not sure if this would prevent adding custom POI's or not???

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

A Pom!

Quote Originally Posted by Borris_UK View Post
    Hi all. Anyone help a Pom?

Have followed Kamold's steps (excellent guide btw) up to step 9 and all working great. I now have 3970FW + v4.1 (CD_7676) maps all installed and everything works fine.... except...

The option to install 'My points of Interest' is greyed out and no matter what I do I can't seem to change it. I have checked the SD card...I have a PersonalPOI root folder with the PersonalPOI.db3 file (from PoiInspect0r v5.6) installed inside it.

The only thing I am unsure of is that my Maps disk came with some POI's preinstalled on the disk...not sure if this would prevent adding custom POI's or not???

Any help greatly appreciated.

Cheers

A Pom!
    Sounds like you might not have the 3 partitions.
    Can you hold setup until you get the secret menu, and check the hdd status ?

I don't seem to get the secret menu...only the one before with AM, FM and Version Info.

I did my FW updates from 2760 to 3814 before going to 3970. This is supposed to create the correct partition structure automatically.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Borris_UK View Post
    I don't seem to get the secret menu...only the one before with AM, FM and Version Info.

I did my FW updates from 2760 to 3814 before going to 3970. This is supposed to create the correct partition structure automatically.
    Kamold's modified 3970 definitely has secret menu enabled.

Try going straight to 3970 from 2760. It worked for me.

Also maybe you've got the wrong version map that doesn't support importing POIs via SD.
    On your map disk there should be a file called POI.DB3 or at least with that file extension.
    MY11 Tiguan 147TSI (SOLD)

Just downloading Kamolds custom 3970 build now so will give that a try tomorrow. Using v8 Western Europe maps which are supposed to support the separate POi's. I agree though...sounds like the partition didn't create. Will let you know how I get on.

..meant to add - using the Columbus unit on a Skoda so not sure if the secret menu will work.

Thanks for your help.

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast