Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: ANS-810 / ANS-510 (PROPER RNS-510 alternative)

Users Country Flag

ANS-810 / ANS-510 (PROPER RNS-510 alternative)

*New generation units buying info CLICK HERE*

Please read the notice post below for a breakdown of the difference between the current and new generations:
    NEW VS OLD GENERATION

Selling information on the current (not new) unit is at the end of this post.Please try to read through / watch the demo video before asking questions, I will attempt to update this post with information gathered in later posts as best I can.

I am offering both the 8" version and the 6.5" version of the units, both run identical software. The 8" still looks perfectly stock when installed. These units are European CE Certified.

These models are also compatible with Skoda and can be changed to green button and interface theme.

Picture of the 8" ANS-810 unit:

Picture of the 6.5" ANS-510 unit:

Please ignore the colour difference in the pictures, the button lighting on both units match stock buttons perfectly.

Alternative units are also available by special order, At the moment they include:
    a 7" version for Touareg and T5 owners (ANS-710);
    a 7" version for the usual cars that sits in between the ANS-810 and ANS-510 (ANS-610);
    a 6.5" version for the older generation B5 Passat / mk4 Golf / Bora etc (ANS-420 black or ANS-410 silver)

Pics below:

These special order units are not stocked and will be brought in when I restock. Alternatively, if the number of people waiting on special order unit reaches 3 (does not have to be the same unit), I can make the order straight away. One-off shipments for the impatient will require a premium of $35. Other than external design and screen size, these units are identical to the ANS-810 / ANS-510.

Pics of the ANS-810 installed in dash here

Notable features:

OEM-feel interface based on the RNS-510, no tacky, cheap UIs
    Fully compatible with steering wheel controls + MFD display
    RDS station name saved in radio station presets
    Full IPAS & Reverse camera compatibility
    Flexible media compatibility, plays WMA, mp3, MPEG-4, divx etc from SD, USB or DVD/CD
    Diverse digital ASP control - great audio quality, significant improvement over factory RCD-310
    decent Bluetooth phonebook functions - includes BT music / radio streaming via your phone
    Navigation directions fade the front speakers only
    Latest Australian maps with speed and red light camera warnings and comprehensive, up to date POIs that are user-customisable.
    ARM11 hardware with 700Mhz CPU & 128MB RAM
    NO BATTERY DRAIN on any CANBUS including older ones with RCD-300 or RCD / RNS 500.

Image of back of the unit:

From left to right we have:

iPod / USB adapter
    iPod cable
    USB cable
    audio & video outputs / inputs cable
    GPS antenna
    CANBUS cable
    single FAKRA antenna adapter

The audio & video outputs / inputs cable has 11 RCA connections as below:
    front L+R & rear L+R Out
    subwoofer out
    aux video in
    aux L+R in
    video 1+2 out (if you're really adventurous, hook up some rear seat LCD screens )
    reverse cam in

The unit has a built in 4x60W amp. To clarify, the actual audio outputs that connect to the car's wiring loom are obviously speaker-level using the built-in amp, but all audio outputs from the split 11 cable pictured above are line-level, as the way it should be for future upgrades to the audio system. These outputs are 2V.

For OEM Reverse camera, there is a module available that will allow it to connect to the RCA video input - this module will cost $35.

For those who do not have a reverse camera, you can get an OEM badge style reverse camera from me, more info in this thread:

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...era-73949.html

This replica RVC (which is high quality and detailed down to the drain pipe) costs about half the price of a genuine one and is designed for aftermarket units with RCA connections.

Cheaper alternatives are available depending on the model - for Sportwagons, Touraegs and Tiguans, the boot handle type camera is available for $65 (this is really also a replica of the OEM camera, which can be found varying between $300 to $600), and for most other models a generic licence plate light replacement type camera is available for $35. The thread above on the badge style camera also has more information on these two types of cameras.

For those who want it, I also have HD DVB-T tuners for digital TV available for $95.

Videos of the unit in action:

In my car (mk5 Golf), old unit design with no dials and different hardware buttons (same interface otherwise):

My car has no OPS and reverse camera, so here's a video of the ANS-510 (6.5 inch version), with fully functional OPS & reverse camera (seen at 4:27):

The unit also displays full AC controls on screen, but this only works on the white MFD (so mk6 for Golfs). Some pictures here:

Audiosources Electronic Technology (Shenzhen) Limited

Limitations / Developments
    Most of these limitations are being mitigated as the software for ANS is constantly and vigorously developed, and they do pay close attention to user feedback (and especially me since I established a good relationship with the head tech ). Currently:

Radio reception - on my car, FM is fine but a bit more susceptible to interference, while AM is non existent. However most people report excellent AM signal, so it may be something to consider. A DAB+ solution is being worked on and I will update everyone when this is available - this should solve all radio signal issues.

Currently the BT phone function is not up to OEM standards - it handles phone calls and phone books fine, but it cannot display contact list on the MFD, though you can control pick up / reject with the steering wheel phone buton. There is also an auto-answer function that picks up the call after a few rings but turning this feature will result in the loss of the ability to reject calls.

I gave feedback on phonebook display in the MFD, the technician acknowledged that this is programatically more difficult to achieve, but he will definitely look into it.

Some very exciting updates are going to come to the ANS through firmware updates, which is a no-brainer on these units, takes 2 mins and no chance I can see of bricking the unit. Coming updates include class-leading OBD functions.

I can also tell you that while these units come from China they are far superior to the $400 units you can find from eBay. Audiosources have really been upping their game and taking it to a whole new level, in terms of quality of both the hardware and the software. They have even sold into dealerships in Germany.

SELLING AND PRICING INFORMATION
    As a distributor I am offering local 1 year warranty and as I actually stock these units there are no painful waiting periods should you have an issue. Further, I speak Chinese natively and as such am in direct IM contact with the head technician, who does not speak English. With 2hr time difference and no misunderstood email communications I can solve issues quickly and receive the latest updates, which of course I will provide for free to everyone who buys these units from me.

I am offering the ANS-810 / 510 at $550, shipped within Australia. This is inclusive of GPS software, maps and POI - cheaper landed than direct from Audiosources. I prefer payment by bank transfer, but I also accept PayPal.

For the special order units, prices are as below:
    ANS-420 in grey or ANS-410 in silver (B5 Passat, mk4 Golf, Bora etc): $550
    ANS-610 (7" version of the usual ANS-810 / 510): $550
    ANS-710 (Touareg, T5): $560

If you are overseas, you can buy the unit directly from Audiosources. I will offer what help and advice I can, but if you require firmware support, I do this for a one-time permanent subscription fee of $25 AUD, for which I will add you to my list of customers and you will receive all significant future firmware updates and associated support.

You can contact me via PM or alternatively email sales@zxaudio.com.au.
    Last edited by DkN; 05-12-2013 at 08:08 PM.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

ANS-810 / ANS-510 (PROPER RNS-510 alternative)

The most current firmware version for the ANS series is listed here:

M version:
    BSP: ANS510AS.612
    MPU: ANS510AS.M99
    MCU: ANS510AS.130112.M1.D0 / ANS510AS.130112.M1.D1

V version:
    BSP: ANS510AS.610
    MPU: ANS510AS.V95
    MCU: ANS510AS.120817.V1.D0 / ANS510AS.120817.V1.D1
    Last edited by DkN; 06-05-2013 at 10:19 PM.
    TR 08 Golf GT TDI, Custom Code Phase 1, Milltek Exhaust, Whiteline RSB + ALK, APR Carbonio Intake

Users Country Flag
    Good move,
    Is there a version for T5 2005 and the Touareg 2008? The fascia is different on those, than in Golf5,6 or Tiguan.

Not quite sure on that, I will confirm for you tomorrow

The T5 is actually listed for the ANS510 on the Audiosources website, but I'm not sure how that would work if indeed as you say the fascia is different.
    Last edited by DkN; 24-06-2012 at 10:14 AM.

How does one get new updates for the maps? And what's the pricing like?

I will continuously provide updated maps as they become available. Pricing is as I posted above, and updates are free of charge, including maps and firmware.

Please turn off the annoying confirmation beep for every button press before making future videos, besides that it looks like a decent alternative.

Can you change the interface theme like the RNS510 to suit your interior (I only watched the first couple of minutes of the first video)?

Yeah sorry about that beep, didn't think of it at the time.

If by interface theme you mean the colour, at the moment the unit just comes in red and green (for Skoda). Personally I think red theme matching red buttons makes more sense, but do you mean matching the colour to your trim? I could request more themes if there is a demand.

Users Country Flag
    Will this be a plug and play exercise if im replacing RCD510 with factory optioned optical parking and RVC?

Users Country Flag

The unit looks impressive. I have a couple of questions:
    Does it have a HD?
    If it doesn't, do you load the GPS data each time you start the unit?
    Do you play songs off an SD card (as well as the other input devices mentioned)?
    Apologies if these questions seem a bit basic.
    MkVI GTD fitted with Bluetooth & MDI, CSG, DSG, Xenons, RNS510 with Dynaudio, ACC, Weathershields, Mudflaps, Sunroof, LED Tails, LED Indicators, LED Foglights, Interior LEDs, Tinted, RVC and Towbar - Gosford.

Page 1 of 149 1231151101 ... LastLast