Support VWWC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lock down

Users Country Flag

Lock down

I thought these R' went into auto lockdown and wound/shut up any open windows or sunroof if open when raining.
    I had my roof open to vent hot air whilst parked and we had a shower. i thought "it will be all good" as it has auto shutdown. I was wrong ...very wrong. Any one comment on this application as i was positive that it was one of the features of the car. I will test it in a controlled environment with the hose on the rain sensor on the weekend and see if it shuts down the roof or auto winds up the windows.

Users Country Flag
    I believe this has to be activated through VCDS as it isn't operational from the factory here.
    I don't think you can activate it through the MFD at this stage.

Users Country Flag
    +1 with above. Needs to be programmed through VCDS

Volkswagen Golf Auto Rain Closing Windows and Sunroof | my-gti.com
    Scirocco R - Candy White / DSG / Panoramic Roof / RNS510
    Mods - HPA ECU & DSG Stage 2 / VWR Racing Intake / Akrapovic Slip-On Titanium Tips / Milltek DP / HPA Mounts / Superpro LCA / H&R Sport Springs / VMR V710 19x8.5 / Michelin PSS 255-35

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    This sort of stuff cracks me up.
    Why would'nt they activate it as pre-delivery

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by ozr View Post
    This sort of stuff cracks me up.
    Why would'nt they activate it as pre-delivery
    I assume it isn't activated pre-delivery in case it doesn't work at some stage and then they get sued for the damage to the car.
    This way you can activate it if you like but they don't have any risk.

how can they not have any risk??
    Its a feature/function in the car that if it doesn't work correctly should be returned and fixed.
    As a side comment.....
    I find it funny that they still dont offer some sort of list of features that you can have activated prior to the car being handed over to you at the dealership.
    1974 1300 Beetle, 1997 Golf GL, 2003 New Beetle Cabrio, 2014 Audi A4 quattro

Your side comment makes a valuable point that goes to the service provided by the manufacturer or lack of it.
    When taking delivery of my BMW X5 back in 2004 I was given a list of these functions and I ticked the options i wanted active and presto when I took delivery - the car was set up as I wanted it.
    This sort of guff really pisses me off as it will cost me $$ at the stealership to have them activated. Unless of course one buys the VCDS system to do own patches. But it leaves a stale taste in ones mouth.
    Quote Originally Posted by blutopless2 View Post
    Its a feature/function in the car that if it doesn't work correctly should be returned and fixed.
    As a side comment.....
    I find it funny that they still dont offer some sort of list of features that you can have activated prior to the car being handed over to you at the dealership.
    Last edited by ozr; 03-04-2012 at 11:49 AM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by blutopless2 View Post
    As a side comment.....
    There is no risk to the dealership as it is not activated form the factory and it is notdetailed in the specifications so you are responsible for closing hte windows and sunroof in the event of weather.

If you go ahead and activate the auto-close then you take on that risk as VW never advertised that the car would auto-close and it was not activated when you got it.

I seem to remember a net add that showed a VW shutting down in a storm and it was advertised as a "smart" gimmick.
    So they have definetely advertised it but I am not certain which car it referred to.
    I might have seen the ad overseas too. Cant recall but definetely seen an add.
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    There is no risk to the dealership as it is not activated form the factory and it is notdetailed in the specifications so you are responsible for closing hte windows and sunroof in the event of weather.

If you go ahead and activate the auto-close then you take on that risk as VW never advertised that the car would auto-close and it was not activated when you got it.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by ozr View Post
    I seem to remember a net add that showed a VW shutting down in a storm and it was advertised as a "smart" gimmick.
    So they have definetely advertised it but I am not certain which car it referred to.
    I might have seen the ad overseas too. Cant recall but definetely seen an add.
    It could have been an overseas model.
    I don't know of any VW in Aus that came acitvated unless you asked them to activate it upon delivery.
    There are quite a few vagcom owners on here, you could just get htem to activate for the cost of a bottle of alcohol or ask them to do it at your next service.

I also assume due to cost cutting/product platforms that VW Group have a range wide rain sensing wiper setting.
    So in say the Bentley's it comes activated but it's easier/cheaper to use the same electrics module and just de-activate it for lower models than it is to have 15 different versions of an electric module for their multi-brand company.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast