Support VWWC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coming home function on the B7 Passat

Users Country Flag

Coming home function on the B7 Passat

Why do we have to continuously flash the high beam just to activate the coming home function. That is so stupid!!
    Anyone think the same??
    Anyway I found someone who coded the function so it works like it should.

Anyone wanna try it and report back?

Automatic Coming Home on Passat B7

Users Country Flag
    I don't have to do anything on my B7 Passat. Once I pull the keys out of the ignition the lights come on, or when I unlock the car at night the lights come on. Is this what you mean by the coming home function?

If so then i didn't have to do anything special to get that to work.

Users Country Flag
    I know with my old Astra you had to flick the high beam to get them to come on, but in my (B6) Passat they just come on. I always have my lights set to auto mode if that makes any difference. Do B7's still let you change the time delay etc in the MFD? Maybe there is an option to get them to come on automatically.
    2017 VW Tiguan 140TDI Highline
    2012 VW Touareg V6 TDI
    1985 Mercedes-Benz 380SE

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by cru22z View Post
    Why do we have to continuously flash the high beam just to activate the coming home function. That is so stupid!!
    Anyone think the same??
    Anyway I found someone who coded the function so it works like it should.

Anyone wanna try it and report back?

Automatic Coming Home on Passat B7
    cru22z why don't you try it?

Go to a dealer or get some one with VCDS to do the coding...

In my 2008 Passat 2.0T FSI the coming home lights worked automatically, however as per that link in my previous MY10.5 125TDI Highline the High Beam had to be engaged to activate this feature...
    MY18 VW Passat Alltrack Wolfsburg Edition + Panoramic Sunroof + some extra goodies... (Pure White)
    MY17 ŠKODA Superb 206TSI 4x4 + Sunroof + Tech Pack + Comfort Pack + some extra goodies... (Moon White)

Users Country Flag
    My car behaves like Cru22zes, however I just hit the "unlock" on the fob as I leave the car and it activates the "leaving home" function, once i am on the porch I "lock" the car and it kills the lights...

Having a Gap Year!!!!
    what next?... what next?

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan W View Post
    I don't have to do anything on my B7 Passat. Once I pull the keys out of the ignition the lights come on, or when I unlock the car at night the lights come on. Is this what you mean by the coming home function?

If so then i didn't have to do anything special to get that to work.

It's the pulling the key out of ignition action as coming home. How did u get yours to work without pulling the highbeam stalk towards to you?

Users Country Flag
    Mine are set on the MFD to stay on for an adjustable time Just turn car off and they come on in the dark.

Read the manual Im sure its in there

With my Golf I was able to change coming home so that it begins when I open the driver door for 30 seconds.

Tick Bit 0

Untick Bit 2 so you don't have to flick the high beams to turn it on.

Users Country Flag Thread Starter
    Quote Originally Posted by Hillbilly View Post
    Mine are set on the MFD to stay on for an adjustable time Just turn car off and they come on in the dark.

Read the manual Im sure its in there
    I read the manual and it states 'coming home' is operated manually. Meaning u need to flash the high beam after u remove the key and it activates when u open the door

Users Country Flag

I am starting to think maybe this is only an option on the V6 Highline. What exact version of the B7 Passat do you own?

MFD is definitely an option on mine for coming & leaving.

Quote Originally Posted by cru22z View Post
    I read the manual and it states 'coming home' is operated manually. Meaning u need to flash the high beam after u remove the key and it activates when u open the door
    MY12.5 B7 V6 Passat wagon in Mocca Anthricite with Panoramic sunroof, SatNav, Driver Assistance & Visibility Package, Adaptive Cruise, Park Assist 2, Auto Tailgate,Tint, Towbar & RVC

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast