Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Queensland Raceway Happy Laps (v.5) 27th May 2012 (breakfast)

I wonder if there's any chance of getting timed laps? Keep the same format, though also have some timing. I guess that's essential sprints, they're just so overpriced compared to this event.

Anthony, does your G-tech have lap times? Or is there a good phone app? My head unit has most features, but no lap timee
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    lol sorry it was a R32 and boosted, he just puts a 1.9 TDi badge on it to avoid attention.

Sure does Sean, just need a sd card attachment!
    Last edited by VWindahouse; 28-05-2012 at 10:41 AM.

first of all, thanks Aaron for organising.

personally i like QR more than Lakeside as i can push a bit harder, feel safer and it's much easier to deal with traffic (whether passing or being passed).

T3 is definitely a PITA. the dirt at apex didn't help. my car held up fine brake wise and i allowed it to cool down every few laps and i let off the throttle early into T3. my biggest problem was actually windscreen fogging up straight after getting on the track. was pretty scary driving blind into T3 for the first time. would definitely love to come back in the future.

lastly, GSL Rallysport is good. they are now based in Acacia Ridge.

Hey Everyone,

Seemed like you all had an enjoyable time, unfortunately I didnt read the last posts on the forum, in which the track time was moved forward from 8:30 -> 7:30, so I wasnt able to get any photos of the action.

However I was able to get some photos from the meet afterwards, I hope to cover future events.

An article has been writtten on DownshiftAUS.
    VWWatercooled QR May Meet 2012 | Downshift

Ferdinand

Quote Originally Posted by VWindahouse View Post
    lol sorry it was a R32 and boosted, he just puts a 1.9 TDi badge on it to avoid attention.

Sure does Sean, just need a sd card attachment!
    So you got the RR version? SS doesn't appear to have lap timer.
    GTech-Pro RR Fanatic
    Track Car: 06 Polo GTI Red Devil mkII
    Daily: 2010 VW Jetta Highline
    Gone but not forgotten: 08 Polo GTI
    ** All information I provide is probably incorrect until validated by someone else **

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by EvoBlitz View Post
    Hey Everyone,

Seemed like you all had an enjoyable time, unfortunately I didnt read the last posts on the forum, in which the track time was moved forward from 8:30 -> 7:30, so I wasnt able to get any photos of the action.

However I was able to get some photos from the meet afterwards, I hope to cover future events.

An article has been writtten on DownshiftAUS.
    VWWatercooled QR May Meet 2012 | Downshift

Ferdinand
    Awesome photos.
    What car were you in?

I have been trying and trying to get downshift to come out to our events since June last year when we had hte euro meets out at Northshore park.

I now have inspiration to wash the Tig before these events haha.

Hope to se you at Lakeside Raceway in June?

Users Country Flag
    Ok guys, well yes my dad did get some fantastic sideline shots and some videos too. If I can remember to do it, I'll upload them tonight after 7pm as I have a uni exam from 5pm-6:30pm.

I hit just ~163km/h (somewhere between 160 and 165 on the dial anyway) on the back straight but I braked early just before the 200m mark to avoid brake fade which I did successfully. I didn't notice any brake fade at all except for when I was driving home it was a little noticeable. I only hit 155km/h on the early laps and I was stoked to see it go over this because I didn't get past the 155km/h barrier at lakeside. My car really runs out of breath once I change into fourth at ~145km/h. IMO it's not bad for a little 1.6 N/A i4. (i think its about 88 or 90kw or something like that).

Very impressed by the mk3 golf though. IMO its better to have a slower car because you have an excuse if someone overtakes you haha.

Also would it be worth upgrading to ebc greenstuff pads on my DS3? Or should I wait until the factory ones wear out? I can get them pretty cheap from the UK so pricing is alright, but I'll hit up GSL about it.

I see Dad's Range Rover made it into one of the shots from EvoBlitz. haha.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Hey.. Just wonder where did you get your DS2500 from and do you mind tell me how much you get it for as well? I think my car need a brake upgrade after driven on QR

Cheers!
    Audi S3 Sportback

APR Stage 1 - APR Engine Mount Insert - Whiteline Anti-lift kit - KW Coilovers - Whiteline Front & Rear Sway bars - DBA 4000 T3 - Ferodo DS2500

Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    Awesome photos.
    What car were you in?

I have been trying and trying to get downshift to come out to our events since June last year when we had hte euro meets out at Northshore park.

I now have inspiration to wash the Tig before these events haha.

Hope to se you at Lakeside Raceway in June?
    My pleasure. Great group of cars and people. I drive an e30, so I parked away from the group

Ill be overseas when you guys are on the track, but I will inform the crew and see if anyone is available for the day.
    Last edited by EvoBlitz; 28-05-2012 at 11:50 AM.

Users Country Flag

Great shots Ferdinand, thanks for the comments too!

Sean, I have the SS which upgrades to the RR with the SD reader Hmmmm should I go for it??

Page 33 of 38 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast