Support VWWC

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast

Thread: Lakeside Laps ver.2 - Jan 22, 2012. $25

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I'm disappointed, the only sighting of my car was a very brief red flash flying past at 2:12 on "lakeside 3".

Appears as though you got a very good look at the rear end of a particular vehicle, what was it an Alfa or Fiat or something?
    Worlds widest Alfa, if the gti wasn't the carrier of the baby seat I might have tried to stick it up the inside of any number of corners
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33978&dateline=129447  61752008 Candy white GTI DSG - 1990 mx-5 loud, rough, uncomfortable but still an amazing car

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    I'm disappointed, the only sighting of my car was a very brief red flash flying past at 2:12 on "lakeside 3".

Appears as though you got a very good look at the rear end of a particular vehicle, what was it an Alfa or Fiat or something?
    funny thing was, i followed it home on the motorway too! alfa...

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by team_v View Post
    What were you driving?

Next one is 17 March, there is a thread for it.
    I was in the stock looking candy white MkVI without the plates.

I will have to sit out the March meet- F1 weekend!

Will look out for the one after that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gan View Post
    I was in the stock looking candy white MkVI without the plates.

I will have to sit out the March meet- F1 weekend!

Will look out for the one after that.
    u going to Melb?

Where are these photos at? Saw a few people lying down and taking photos from all sorts of crazy angles of my dirty little bagged thing, would love to see them haha.

Users Country Flag
    Thanks for organising the laps Clay. Definitely a great way to get introduced to motor sport without too many risks.

This was the first ran on a track for my car (twin turbo subaru engined beetle) and we discoverd a few things. First a turbo hose had blown off and so would only rev to 4100 rpm which was still good for about 140 down the main straight. For the twin turbo this is just on pre-spooling for the secondary turbo so we still have another 2-3000 revs to go so we should see 200k plus down the straight once we get the hoses sorted.

Also we were running street tyres on the front as the semi slicks didn't arrive on time so it was understeering on the corners but other than that the car ran pretty well and temps looked fine and it all seemed to work all right. My next outing will be the sprints in February but we will be there for the March laps but this time with my sons Kyle orange Mk1 that was there on Sunday but didn't run.

overall a great morning, hope I didn't hold you guys up too much but if we run again we should be up there with you next time.

thanks again Clay, well done.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sortofbigbj View Post
    Where are these photos at? Saw a few people lying down and taking photos from all sorts of crazy angles of my dirty little bagged thing, would love to see them haha.
    There you tube vids
    http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=33978&dateline=129447  61752008 Candy white GTI DSG - 1990 mx-5 loud, rough, uncomfortable but still an amazing car

Hi toolman, I heard the official asking you to take your helmet off at the start, what happened?

I was told to take mine off aswell. I was 'err-ing on the side of caution but got pulled up and told to remove it.

...As for the pics I saw quite a few good looking slr's about but no pics offered just yet. Does anyone else have other video? I got about 4 seconds of fame from dangeradam81 Lakeside 4 @ 1.09 grin.....

I will get a mount together so I can take some shots next time too. I still can't get the smile off my face. I WANT MORE!
    Last edited by PugMonkey; 23-01-2012 at 08:42 PM.
    .... now watch a Peugeot turn into a corner !

Users Country Flag

Here are some of the ones I took...

My car: MY18 Arteon
    My car #2: MY22 Volvo XC40 Pure Electric
    Her car: MY22 Skoda Octavia Limited Edition Wagon

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 LastLast