Thread: 9wz Error Code - any suggestions welcomed

9wz Error Code - any suggestions welcomed

hey guys, got the 9wz bluetooth kit from 'bluewagen' on ebay for my Golf Vi GTI and installed it myself, wasnt too hard but i dont have the gear for coding. so i took it down to volkspower in burwood vic. He wasnt very impressed that i didnt bring coding instructions and after 10mins came back with this output:

Can anyone give me any ideas here? It was successfully coded but operation of the unit is not possible. None of the errors look too serious except for 'short to ground', however i dont know how to rectify this. the kit was basically plug and play, and emergency calls are possible so i dont think its got to do with faulty grounding.

any help would be much appreciated

Users Country Flag
    Can't comment on your exact log but when I installed my 9WZ it logged a bunch of errors as well mainly when I was connecting and disconnecting cables from the back of the RNS510 and Bluetooth while wiring it up. From memory they looked pretty similar to your errors. Once I'd finished connecting it all together now further faults were logged and I actually disabled the bluetooth module from logging faults in VCDS.

As soon as I coded vcds to enable the bluetooth it showed up in my rns screen as well as the mfd and was very simple to setup from there.
    Skoda Octavia RS TSI Liftback MY11 - Race Blue

Users Country Flag

Replying for reference.

Had the same problem and fix it as follows:

Take a look Here: Volkswagen 9WZ Bluetooth Programming | my-gti.com
    and answer is here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...tml#post692638

You have to Turn on some Bits with VCDS to remove the checking of hardware that is causing the errors.
    Clear Codes
    Then your BT will work
    \( O ) o\====(\X/)=TDI=/o ( O )/ 2011 Jetta Mk5 125TDI - Squidly

((o)(O))====(\X/)=TDI=((O)(o)) 1996 Golf Mk3 TDI - Squid