Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Private Fleet

sausage Guest

Private Fleet

Hi all,
    I've finally sold my Honda Prelude and is now ready to put down the order for the GTI!!
    I'm thinking of putting the order through private fleet (a car broker). They claim to be able to get me the vehicle i want in 4 to 6 weeks. I went into dealers in Brisbane and none of them could get a vehicle in that time. They all said it has to be ordered to be built. I'm guessing private fleet could get that vehicle because its been purchased by another VW dealer. Not sure.
    I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with private fleet and what are they like

which dealer did you go to.
    For Sale 2006 VW Polo GTI
    Have a Look
    CUSTOM CODE
    Phase 2

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by sausage
    Hi all,

I'm thinking of putting the order through private fleet (a car broker). They claim to be able to get me the vehicle i want in 4 to 6 weeks. I went into dealers in Brisbane and none of them could get a vehicle in that time. They all said it has to be ordered to be built. I'm guessing private fleet could get that vehicle because its been purchased by another VW dealer. Not sure.
    I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with private fleet and what are they like
    Hi Sausage,

I'd do a bit more leg work about getting the car yourself... I find it quite hard to believe that there are no cars at all around Australia that would meet the specs that you want.

I thought about getting mine through a broker, but in the end after finding out how much they charge and how much they could save me, I still ended up getting a better deal by dealing directly with VW, and they got me the car with everything I requested in 3 weeks (had to be transported from NSW).

Good luck and congrats on a great choice of car!

sausage Guest
    I went to highway VW, Austral VW and Gold Coast VW.
    I'm looking for a black golf gti DSG 5 door with leather, sat nav and bi-xeon lights.
    Apparently they all said there are no available cars and they will need to be ordered.

sausage Guest
    Wasn't aware that the broker charges the buyer. I've always assumed they charge the dealer. I better just check this with them tomorrow. They got me a reasonable price, not terribly good but would be pretty much the price I would be able to get with the dealer.

Wasn't aware that the broker charges the buyer. I've always assumed they charge the dealer. I better just check this with them tomorrow. They got me a reasonable price, not terribly good but would be pretty much the price I would be able to get with the dealer.
    I can't imagine how the broker would be able to get hold of the car any sooner than the vw dealers though - ultimately the broker still closes the deal with one of the dealers...

I went to highway VW, Austral VW and Gold Coast VW.
    I'm looking for a black golf gti DSG 5 door with leather, sat nav and bi-xeon lights.
    Apparently they all said there are no available cars and they will need to be ordered.
    It's probably the bi-xeon lights and sat nav that are forcing the build. If you opt for locally installed sat nav and normal lights, you should be right for waiting time. They only import models with certain options "blindly", i.e. without any orders, but if certain options aren't popular such as bi-xeons, they don't pre-order any such cars and you have to wait for it to be built. So if you can compromise, you'll save on the waiting time, otherwise "patience is a virtue"

Users Country Flag
    Welcome sausage
    - Ben

1961 Karmann Ghia Coupé - 1993 Golf Cabriolet - 2006 Golf Comfortline 1.9L TDI
    2008 Jetta 2.0L FSI

theboat Guest
    The sat nav gets installed by the dealer, where the lights are factory fitted and could be the reason for the delay from the factory, coupled with the leather and DSG box. The broker will charge at both ends, the dealer and yourself on average $500 a side, but won't disclose that info to you. I would do the deal yourself you will save yourself a fair bit of money. Austral I found hopeless but Highway were very good and would recommend anyone to buy through them.

Sportie Guest

Quote Originally Posted by theboat
    The sat nav gets installed by the dealer, where the lights are factory fitted and could be the reason for the delay from the factory, coupled with the leather and DSG box. The broker will charge at both ends, the dealer and yourself on average $500 a side, but won't disclose that info to you. I would do the deal yourself you will save yourself a fair bit of money. Austral I found hopeless but Highway were very good and would recommend anyone to buy through them.
    I agree with theboat. I have found Highway very good and would recommend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast