Support VWWC

Thread: A source for the dreaded door microswitch

A source for the dreaded door microswitch

Here is an ebay source for the prone to fail door microswitch.

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=160371346069&ssPageNam e=ADME:B:FSELE:1123

Ebay user: carlicious-parts

I'm sure Jaycar or someone would have something similar here.

At least this is what it looks like so someone might be able to match up a local equivalent and post the details.

Much cheaper than a new door lock!

Users Country Flag
    Would this be to help the annoying problem where it keeps popping up when locked?
    2000 Mk IV GTI

Thx Graeme, I need to do mine and have a spare so will save me searching !!!
    Audi B4 80 Q V6 '94 Race Car !! KEGGED
    Audi B4 80 V6 Avant '94 Only one in the country that I know of !!! KEGGED
    Subaru Forester XT '06 Genome Exhaust/Car-PC/Boost Gauge/Oettingers !
    --VW Bora V6 4mo '01 Gone

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by graeme86

Much cheaper than a new door lock!
    Yeah, tell me about it. Drivers side failed just out of warranty, but VW picked up the tab (cheers!), but it died about 14 months later. I put up with it for a few weeks, but kept leaving my headlights on. Finally, I paid over $500 to get it replaced - I get the car back from the dealers and the passenger door stops working that night.

Considering I work with electonics, I should have just fixed it myself. Finding time to remove the mechanism is the hardest part!
    79 MK1 GLD
    03 MK4 GTI
    94 993 Carrera

I have a problem where occasionally one of the rear doors needs a second 'blip' to unlock it. Is it this that's causing the problem?

failed door lock fix ?

I've been told its 3-4 hundred buck job to get the rear door lock sorted, is this a fix for that??

Mate, it depends on teh problem. There is a fantastic guide on vwvortex if you dont get any further love here.

P.S.

this topic has been added to mkiv 4 faq.

Quote Originally Posted by Golf4 View Post
    I've been told its 3-4 hundred buck job to get the rear door lock sorted, is this a fix for that??
    Audi B4 80 Q V6 '94 Race Car !! KEGGED
    Audi B4 80 V6 Avant '94 Only one in the country that I know of !!! KEGGED
    Subaru Forester XT '06 Genome Exhaust/Car-PC/Boost Gauge/Oettingers !
    --VW Bora V6 4mo '01 Gone

cheers, I will look into VW Vortex as well. Anything I can do to save paying VW Village any more of my hard earned coin.

Users Country Flag

Post Alternate mircoswitch

I just replaced the microswitch on my 2003 Mk4 drivers door using the VWVortex DIY guide and a Bentleys manual. I sourced a completely different microswitch through RS components, same manufacturer (SIAI-Burgess) but different design. In my case the mounting lugs for the microswitch had deformed and prevented the locking cam from actuating the switch. I ordered a switch with mounting holes similar to those in the locking mechanism but I still had to file one hole and redrill the other to acheive the correct location of the switch.

I used a SIAI-Burgess XCF3-Z1, RS components stock number 4728162. Wired it up as normally open. One tip if you are using the VWVortex guide, be really careful removing and installing the inner door panel/window carrier, I scratched the tint on my drivers window a bit during the job.