Thread: Reversing Sensors

Users Country Flag

Reversing Sensors

Sorry to bring up an old subject, but ....

I've had my car a year now and there are two things that are really annoying me that I haven't been able to fix; hopefully someone has had some experience which can help.

I have the factory fitted RCD510 and the dealer fitted Volkswagen reversing sensors installed.

The initial batch of 6R Polo's which had the RCD510 and reverse parking sensors fitted at the factory are able to display the sensors on the RCD510; also I was told that the dealer fitted Volkswagen sensors would disable when I was towing.

I would really appreciate it if someone could tell me if they have been able to get their RCD510 to display the sensors, or been able to get the sensors to disable when towing.

If not, it would be greatly appreciated if someone could explain to me why this isn't possible; as far as I am aware the dealer fits exactly the same parts as the factory, so surely it is just a setting somewhere in the computers? If it is a special part, does anyone know what it is so I can order it or them?
    6R Polo TDI; DSG

It's not possible apparently!

I've got the RCD510 and the dealer fitted sensors. I had a massive fight with the dealer about all of this because they told me when I bought the car that it would integrate with the RCD510 screen. That's wrong!

It's missing a control module that puts the sensors on the screen. It is only the ones that come out of the factory that do show up on the screen so you're out of luck I'm afraid.

There is some third party ones I've seen that appear to integrate but it's not cheap!
    Polo GTI - 5 door - Candy White, Xenons, Comfort Package, Audio Upgrade, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Tint

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Reversing Sensors

6R Polo TDI; DSG