Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Polo 6R GTI - Good or Bad???

I had borderline oil consumption issues, too. Thanks to lurking on this site, I knew to check, thank God.

But it seems to be settling, now that I have gone over 5000kms. I got an APR ECU tune around the same time.... coincidence? I wonder.

Otherwise, nothing major. Pretty sweet ride.

Users Country Flag
    VERY happy with mine
    Its a 5 door Candy White with pretend leather, Xenons, 510 radio and bluetooth
    Only issue I had was oil in the early days - about a litre every 2,000kms.
    Since my 7,500km health check it has used 1/3 of a litre and I clocked 10,000kms yesterday
    I can live with that

My mate has a Mk 5 Golf GTi and that does a litre every 5,000kms
    Last edited by bizarre; 19-02-2012 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by THE_EGG View Post
    Citroen DS3 Dsport is a good contender. AND its a proper manual gearbox. IMO its quality of interior materials is better and you get a lot of kit. Haven't seen any problems with the DS3 except for the 5-speed manual box in the Dsign models overseas.
    Except the DS3 Sport isn't on par in performance and the plastics are very plasticky. I did consider one, but for the money and the overall (already) dated design, including those horrible bright, hard plastic interior trim bits, just couldn't do it. RS200 at the same money? would have bought it, but not at $15000 more.

Check any small hot-hatch review, clio always wins on drivability and driver involvement yet the GTI wins in regards to value for money, leaving the DS3 languishing behind with the Fiat 500 Abarth. Like the Focus XR5, a great car in isolation, but in company..... Not that I want to be seen as paying out on you though THE_EGG because the DS3 Sport is a pretty good car, I just personally think that it arrived locally too late....

Stage 2+ Intercooler Carbon Intake Downpipe Swaybar DV+ Remsa.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by gavs View Post
    Except the DS3 Sport isn't on par in performance and the plastics are very plasticky. I did consider one, but for the money and the overall (already) dated design, including those horrible bright, hard plastic interior trim bits, just couldn't do it. RS200 at the same money? would have bought it, but not at $15000 more.

Check any small hot-hatch review, clio always wins on drivability and driver involvement yet the GTI wins in regards to value for money, leaving the DS3 languishing behind with the Fiat 500 Abarth. Like the Focus XR5, a great car in isolation, but in company..... Not that I want to be seen as paying out on you though THE_EGG because the DS3 Sport is a pretty good car, I just personally think that it arrived locally too late....
    What do you mean by horrible bright plasticky bits? To be honest I think the plastics in the ds3 are better than polo. I remember my polo had no padding on the cloth inserts on the rear doors but it did in the front (cost cutting??) and also the door plastics seemed very brittle and "scratchy" (can't think of a better word at this juncture) compared to the DS3. I also found the steering far more involving and accurate in the ds3 than the polo. Although I can't fully judge it against the polo GTI because I only test drove the GTI to get a feel of the car because no other polo's were available to test drive at that juncture. As far as performance goes, if the polo gti had a manual box and better steering then I think I would like it alot more even though the gti is faster 0-100km/h. But thats personal opinion anyway. Value for money I think they are both pretty similar. RRP of DS3 is $29, 990.

I do agree it was a bit late to the party in Australia, much like the LR Freelander 2 when it arrived 2 years after it was released in europe. Also design is a personal opinion as you pointed out in my thread. However the resale of the polo will probs out do the ds3 by far just because the ds3 is french.

I think really its a 50/50 choice.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Users Country Flag
    I bought a Citroen C2 brand new for $24k, kept it for 4 years had all the gadgets auto this and that and had issues from day 1!! Did 117,000kms in it in that time and sold it for $7k last week. Never again will I buy a French car let alone a PSA car. Servicing and running costs when things go wrong not worth it. Knowing the dealership well and ripping a lot of people off and the simplest of issues cost so much! Want to see how much the DS3 is better but I have a new Polo GTI and haven't looked back - cept the time the C2 was following me to the car yard to drop it off for the sale. Haha
    [FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium]Matt
    2015 Skoda Octavia RS | Combi | DSG | Metallic Grey | Tech Pack, Every Option Except Leather |
    Prev: 2012 VW Polo GTI | 5dr | DSG | Reflex Silver | RCD510 |

Fake carbon firbe and retina-burning orange, both hard plastic is what I mean. My GTI also does have padded arm rests in the rear, but I can't comment on the 77tsi, especially if it was a 3 door.
    The gti again also runs different front runnig gear so between the DS3 racing and the GTI, I felt that the gti was only slightly behind in feel but after driving a gti with different tyres.... The difference could just be that.

I actually really like the deisgn of the interior and exterior of the DS3 Racing (i was saying sport before but I meant racing) because it's different and interesting but could I live with it? Personally, no.

Fake carbon firbe and retina-burning orange, both hard plastic is what I mean. .
    I think you will find that's real CF... that's the reason the DS3 Racing is so exxy.
    The facia colour is dependent on the exterior colour

Users Country Flag

Fake carbon firbe and retina-burning orange, both hard plastic is what I mean. My GTI also does have padded arm rests in the rear, but I can't comment on the 77tsi, especially if it was a 3 door.
    The gti again also runs different front runnig gear so between the DS3 racing and the GTI, I felt that the gti was only slightly behind in feel but after driving a gti with different tyres.... The difference could just be that.

I actually really like the deisgn of the interior and exterior of the DS3 Racing (i was saying sport before but I meant racing) because it's different and interesting but could I live with it? Personally, no.
    Agreed, I'm not sure I could live with the orange colour, but you can change it to say black or CF. DS3 is caught in between clio RS and polo gti. Its more refined to live with than an RS 200 but not as refined as the polo. And its rawness/driver's car is more so in the DS3 than the polo but the RS200 wins in that category by far. Although the main reason to own a ds3 imo, is to be different. But 3 different cars in their on right.
    TRADED THE BEE'12 Sport Yellow/Black Citroen DS3 DSport THP155(155cv/153bhp) 6-spd manual w/ tech pack.

'18 BMW 125i M-Sport | Sunset Orange | Sunroof | ZF 8-spd auto

Quote Originally Posted by pologti18t View Post
    I think you will find that's real CF... that's the reason the DS3 Racing is so exxy.
    The facia colour is dependent on the exterior colour
    Real carbon with a polished trim like that would add at retail level close to $15K alone, minimum. There is hella lot of work to get carbon fibre looking like that, you can't just lay it in the mould and autoclave it and have it pop out like that.

Just did a bit more checking, the DS3 Racing isn't the sport as I thought it was, we don't get the "Racing" here but the sport still has that Gaudi-esqu swathe of colour right in fornt of your eyes. Again, personal opinion

Polo 6R GTI - Good or Bad???

Quote Originally Posted by pologti05 View Post
    Hi All,

I have been reading though the forums for quite some time now and getting a very clear message that alot of Polo 6R GTI owners are not happy with the oil consumption.

I'm also starting to notice less and less positive feedback about the car.

Are all you guys who own a GTI experiencing the oil consumptions issues?

Im really starting to think twice about cancelling my order and getting a different car

Id love to hear fellow owners views on the matter.

Thanks!
    Hi there

There's lots of info and comments here courtesy of owners in the UK: EXCLUSIVE: Is this the first customer new Polo GTI in the UK?*|*PoloDriver

It really is a great car, but these issues (with some owners having new engines) have blighted the ownership somewhat.

Rich
    polodriver.com

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast