Support VWWC

Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast

Thread: MK6 Wheel / Rim / Tyre Thread

Users Country Flag

goodyear is doing 4 for 3 at the moment until mid april. the assymetric 2 is around $1340 for a set of 18", fitted balanced plus insurance.

check tyrereviews.co.uk for reviews and comparisons.
    Last edited by nat225; 19-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkablue View Post
    From reading this thread and the EVO and Motor reviews the tyres to aim to get are:

1. Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
    2. Continential Sport Contact 3
    3. Michelin Pilot Sport 3

My mate has a BMW 135i that he has modified and he is recommending that I get Michelin Pilot SUPER sport (the same he has).
    You won't go too far wrong with any of those.
    If it was me, I'd get Michelin because I've always had good results from them. PSS is slightly sportier than the old PS2; PS3 slightly more of an "everyday driver" with a slightly cheaper price tag. I guess you need to ask yourself which direction you wish to go & which suits your driving style better.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Hawk View Post
    It's been a while since I really looked at how much tyre I go through... in the VR6 I know why I killed them so quickly and it was all about how I drove So the question is .... Is this a reflection of the car, the tyre or the driver when it comes to the MK6?
    Will be interesting to see how quickly I eat of the stock tyres on the Cabriolet.
    I get the feeling that the two people you quoted didn't rotate their tyres regularly.

For reference. My Skoda has similar power to your Cabrio. I try & rotate mine every 15,000km. The OEM ContiSportContact2 were still roadworthy when I removed them at 45700km.
    I then put some 50% worn Khumos on it (wheel swap) & did 11,000km before the noise drove me insane.
    Then I fitted some near enough new (5000km old) Michelin Primacy which have done an additional 33,000km and still have 5mm left.
    carandimage The place where Off-Topic is On-Topic
    I used to think I was anal-retentive until I started getting involved in car forums

Users Country Flag
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the place place to ask this but here goes.

I'll be looking to part with my 18" x 7.5" Detroit wheels in the next couple months as I have placed an order on a set of 19" wheels.

The Detroits are still in immaculate condition, no curb damage or scratches. They came fitted with Dunlop Sport Maxx GT tyres which I've done 13K on now. They still look fine, with about 7mm tread depth left if I've measured it right, so plenty of life left in them.

I am looking to sell the lot as a package (but will probably remove the TPMS as I will fit it on the new wheels). Was hoping to get a feel as to what you guys reckon would be a fair price for the lot?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

MY18 MKII Tiguan 162TSI R-Line | Deep Black | DAP | Sunroof

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by MiiLos View Post
    (but will probably remove the TPMS as I will fit it on the new wheels)
    Australian spec vehicles use indirect TPMS. There's nothing to remove as it uses the rotational speed of each wheel off a calibrated baseline to determine if a wheel is deflating.

Volkswagen Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS) Indirect and Direct | my-gti.com

Users Country Flag
    Cheers wasn't aware of that. Thought there was a sensor on each wheel.
    Last edited by MiiLos; 27-03-2012 at 11:39 AM.

For Sale - MY11.5 MKVI 3DR Golf GTI | Pearl Black | Manual | Sunroof | Dark Tint | Dynaudio | MDI | Bluetooth | Bi-Xennons
    Mods | R Tails | P3 Gauge | LED Interior Conversion | Lakin Plates | VW Racing Springs | 19" RAYS 57Motorsport G07EX

hey milos, going by the previous sales, detroits with those specs should be around the $2k mark with brand new rubber. so aim for around that give or take a few hundred.
    what rims u looking at getting

Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the place place to ask this but here goes.

I'll be looking to part with my 18" x 7.5" Detroit wheels in the next couple months as I have placed an order on a set of 19" wheels.

The Detroits are still in immaculate condition, no curb damage or scratches. They came fitted with Dunlop Sport Maxx GT tyres which I've done 13K on now. They still look fine, with about 7mm tread depth left if I've measured it right, so plenty of life left in them.

I am looking to sell the lot as a package (but will probably remove the TPMS as I will fit it on the new wheels). Was hoping to get a feel as to what you guys reckon would be a fair price for the lot?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2011 cw golf gti 3dr man-tint-rear cargo mat-weathershields-bluetooth-mdi-19" oz racing ultra leggera-mcgard lockbolts-boston acoustic pro60se-jl audio xd700/5-jl audio bass tube bb-w060p- titanium exhaust tips-eibach custom pro-kit-OPS-OSIR cf mirror covers and cf front lip-dieselgeek short shifter

Users Country Flag
    Hi mate, yeah I was thinking around that mark so I might put them up for there about once I have a confirmed date for receipt of the new wheels. I ordered a set of the 19" x 8.5" VMR V713 in gunmetal grey . Will be complementing them with some KW V3 coils a little later

Cant wait for the new stance!

I ordered a set of the 19" x 8.5" VMR V713 in gunmetal grey .
    Mate those look great!

Looking forward to some pics once you have them on..
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Users Country Flag
    Yeah I love them, hopefully the grey works well with the black car and hopefully it don't look like a 4wd until I get the funds to order the coils lol.

Will definitely be posting some happy snaps once they are on!

Quote Originally Posted by sharkablue View Post
    From reading this thread and the EVO and Motor reviews the tyres to aim to get are:

1. Good Year Eagle F1 Asymmetric 2
    2. Continential Sport Contact 3
    3. Michelin Pilot Sport 3

What a peoples thoughts on these tyres?
    I've got the PS3 now and they are pretty good, much better than the Bridestone RE050s. Can't comment on the other two as I've never tried them but apparently they are pretty decent tires also. The Goodyear deal on atm will skew me towards the Asym 2s personally.
    MkVI Golf GTI | Candy White | DSG | Leather | Bi-xenon | Sunroof | Dynaudio | Park Assist | MDI | Tint | FINALLY RECEIVED!!

Page 42 of 83 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast