Support VWWC

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread: MDI niggles

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by DreamensioN View Post
    Who's getting an iphone 4s on Friday? I know someone on here will be. I just know it. Can you test with the MDI and report back? Thanks
    No difference between an iPhone 4 with IOS5 and an iPhone 4S with regards to the MDI. Bluetooth connects in exactly the same way and phonebook sync works.

Tried out the SIRI voice command stuff today in the car, works pretty well. Strange that the RNS510 shows "voicemail" when you are using SIRI. Would be great if I could initiate SIRI by using the steering wheel button but that is pushing it a bit I think!
    MY11.5 Golf R - Candy White 5 door - still giggling like a child when I drive it!

Users Country Flag
    I have iOS5 on my iPhone 3GS. And here is what happens....

The other end starts ringing, but I hang up before they answer.

MDI audio does not resume - and requires the phone to be unplugged and plugged back in.

Now get this - if the call connects, and then is hung up - it resumes ok.

Just tried it. Same problem on my iphone 3gs.

Users Country Flag
    When the phone is plugged in via MDI, and is playing music, I press the Phone button on the RCD510 unit. I dial a number that's in my speed dial presets.

The other end starts ringing, but I hang up before they answer.

MDI audio does not resume - and requires the phone to be unplugged and plugged back in.

Now get this - if the call connects, and then is hung up - it resumes ok.
    I have also noticed this, although for me it happened even if the call went through - once I had finished my call the MDI failed to continue playing music.

SIRI doesn't help me, she can't even disable Bluetooth!

Bit of a pain in the rear-end to be honest.
    MY11.5 Golf R - Candy White 5 door - still giggling like a child when I drive it!

Users Country Flag
    When I start up with a USB thumbdrive plugged into my MDI, I can see the thumbdrive flashing but the RNS510 does not sense it, even after a while. If I unplug & replug it, it connects within a few seconds. Is there a solution to this or do people just unplug it everytime?
    Golf R - 77TSI engine transplant, 91ron tune, & a crochet rug on the parcel shelf

Do you have the latest MDI firmware installed? You can find it on the my-gti website (there will also be links in this thread *somewhere*)

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan_R View Post
    Do you have the latest MDI firmware installed? You can find it on the my-gti website (there will also be links in this thread *somewhere*)
    I will try & have a look.

---------- Post added 09-11-2011 at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-11-2011 at 10:34 PM ----------

The 22/11 update worked a treat, thanks very much
    Golf R - 77TSI engine transplant, 91ron tune, & a crochet rug on the parcel shelf

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Courteous View Post
    Oh and don’t forget to ask for the bottle opener if it’s missing..
    Took two split coffees in the centre console before I thought to ask somebody! Dealer managed to dig one up for me (probably stole it out of another car on the lot).

My MDI problems: (using with iPod Nano 8GB - yeah yeah, it was a gift okay!!!)

- The gap between songs (A gap pause would be okay, but it actually skips part of the song which is a little annoying)
    - The RCD510 displays song "A" which is playing, but when the next song plays, display stays the same.
    - Tried the firmware update from my-gti.com but "Software update not possible"

I'll keep at it, whilst these little bugs aren't major they are a little bit annoying, for an otherwise great system. If there's a way that I can blame Apple for these niggles I would love to.

---------- Post added at 08:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:55 PM ----------

UPDATE (sorry if this is old news)

Volkswagen Media Device Interface (MDI) Firmware Upgrade 0150 KW22-2011 | my-gti.com

week 22, 2011 firmware update

going downstairs to try it now...

---------- Post added 17-11-2011 at 07:48 PM ---------- Previous post was 16-11-2011 at 08:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tobes_WIR35 View Post
    UPDATE (sorry if this is old news)

Volkswagen Media Device Interface (MDI) Firmware Upgrade 0150 KW22-2011 | my-gti.com

week 22, 2011 firmware update

going downstairs to try it now...
    Okay, after a day of driving around with the new 2011 firmware update, it has made a dramatic improvement to the track transition, when played in playlist mode (not "mix") it is as close to gapless as I can tell with my hearing. On "mix" there is a slight pause of maybe a few tenths of a second or less. It has been faultless in terms of displaying the correct track name on screen. So basically, for me, problem solved!
    His: F22 BMW M240i Coupe Hers: F56 Mini Cooper S JCW
    Previous:
    His:MY16 Scirocco R DSG - HP Stage 1, Racingline springs, RamAir CAI, MY11 Golf GTI Adidas DSG, APR st1, Carbonio Stage 1+2 intake, S2TPP shifters Hers: MY16 Polo GTI DSG, MY12 VW Up! 3 door manual

Hi Guys,

Not sure if this has been brought up before.. For about a month now, when I select Media (on RNS510) the screen freezes on the following prompt:

It happens intermittently.. Turning the unit off then on again doesn't fix it.. Disconnecting then reconnecting the iPod doesn't fix it.. I can still switch to the radio and view maps.. Pretty much every other screen other than the MDI is OK..

The only remedy is turning the car off then on again..

Anyone else experienced this??
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Are you switching to MDI shortly after the car/radio has started? Does it happen even if the radio has been on for more than say 2 minutes?

Are you switching to MDI shortly after the car/radio has started?
    I seldom listen to the radio so yes the MDI is almost always the first thing to load automatically on startup after the 'Welcome to VW' screen appears. Normal operation it takes ~5 seconds for the music (ie the last track I was listening to) to start playing.

It did happen again last night.. Oddly enough when I switched over to Maps, there were no maps there! Just a black screen with my directional avatar & the usual status bar on the bottom.. At first I thought there was no reception.. But upon checking the GPS status, I had 4/10 satellites active..

Anyways.. Switching the unit off then on again fixed the maps thing.. Not the MDI.. I'm going to VW soon for the 7500.. Might get them to check it out..
    captain courteous enjoys vag

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast