Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Looking to buy a 90 TSI Trendline - a couple of questions

Users Country Flag

Question Looking to buy a 90 TSI Trendline - a couple of questions

I was looking at buying a Golf 90 TSI Trendline and then discovered that I couldn't get automatic aircon (one of the things I wanted in my new car, along with Bluetooth and the colour red) unless I went up to a higher priced model.

So I started looking at the Polo models which have the aircon as an option, decided on a Polo GTI and then found out that the waiting list is approx 15 months for one – Seriously!!!.

Now I am back to looking at the Golf and have found one in the colour I want available in late Feb. The model does have Parking Sensors which is an extra $1,400 but if I don't take this one I could be looking at a 3 month wait which I am not too keen on.

There are a couple of things I would like to get some clarity on:

1. The model is a 2012 model not a 2012 built car - will this make any difference? I know that the Polo range currently being built will have bluetooth and multimedia device as standard whereas previously it was a option. Is there a similar story with the Golf Range?
    2. Extended Warranty - can this be purchased at a later date? I have been quoted $1,600 and I don't really want to spend this on top of the car purchase as I will already be stretching the budget for the Parking sensors.

VW owners Thoughts / Recommendations would be very welcome.

Thanks

I have climate control in my 90TSI (2009), this was added as an option. Maybe they have taken that out for newer models?

1. From memory I think it's the post 2011 September models that come standard with bluetooth and MDI.

2.Extended Warranty can be purchased at anytime while covered by the original warranty.

Users Country Flag
    Hi to get the climate control i had to get the comfort pack which added the climate control, cruise control, auto wipers etc etc but mine is a 2010 build. Not sure what the current specs are.
    2010 90TSI Manual / Comfort Pack / United Grey
    RICE - Leave the useless wings to the Penguins...

I think you can only ask for the Comfort pack when building your own car (which takes ~4 months usually) - if the car will be ready by late February then the car is already built. You could retrofit the bluetooth and MDI though (parts available on eBay).

The Golf model year (MY) changes around July. So orders placed after July 2011 would be a MY12 Golf. The new MY may include some small changes (for better or worse), whereas you're probably more interested in having the car registered as a 2012 vehicle which might help a little when it is sold later on.

I've heard you can purchase Extended Warranty within the 3 year warranty period, but the longer you leave it, the more it costs.

Hi there!

According to Volkswagen Australia Passenger Vehicle Model Year 2012 (MY12) Changes | my-gti.com
    The only changes to the MY12 Golf that affect the 90TSI are:
    -Label change on the aircon system from “Lo” to “ACmax”
    -Bluetooth connectivity is standard (yay for you)
    -The RCD310 audio system display changes from blue to white/negative (check out the site.. It also shows the changes to the Polo range too)

Quote Originally Posted by kcaz View Post
    The model does have Parking Sensors which is an extra $1,400
    Did you mean Parking Sensors or Park Assist (where the car parks itself)?? The only reason I ask is because $1400 seems quite steep for just the sensors alone.. I got mine dealer fitted when I ordered the car for about $700.. From factory it should be even cheaper..

Quote Originally Posted by craig_the_german View Post
    Hi to get the climate control i had to get the comfort pack which added the climate control, cruise control, auto wipers etc etc but mine is a 2010 build. Not sure what the current specs are.
    Correct.. However after the introduction of the Golf 77TSI, the Comfort Package was removed as an option from the 90TSI.. So from MY11.5 onwards, the Golf 90 came standard with:

-Wellington 15 inch wheels
    -Multifunction steering wheel in leather: Multifunction steering wheel : Volkswagen UK
    -MFD Plus (differences between MFD and MFD Plus here: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/foru...lus-26430.html)
    -Cruise control

The auto wipers, climate control and auto dimming mirror are the stuff I missed out on when the Comfort pack was discontinued. Have a look at the 77TSI, that’s what the 90TSI looked like when it was first released here..
    captain courteous enjoys vag

if the sensors are factory fitted (there will be 6 at the front and 4 at the back) then the car is fitted with Park Assist, this allows the car to steer itself when parallel parking, a visual indicator comes up on the screen allowing you to better gauge the distance to obstacles, and also tells you which sensors are setting it off, wishing my car had it, even for the $1400, BUT if it has been dealer fitted, (very unlikely as they normally do it at the request of the purchaser) then $1400 is a rip as more than likely they just beep, give no visual indication and the car cannot park it self

Users Country Flag Thread Starter

Smile

Thanks for the info - sounds like very little changes between the models so I won't be missing out if I get the current one and not wait to get one built.

I did mean Park Assist, although I can't imagine a car being able to park itself. I could live without this option but if it is the difference between waiting a few weeks or a couple of months I think I will just pay the extra.

I do think there should be an option on the Comfortline such as the Comfort Package - it doesn't make sense that you can get those options on most of the Polo Range but not on the Golf Range.

They'll be on the 118TSI. The 90TSI was originally a Trendline but now with the 77TSI it's an in-betweener.

Feel free to search YouTube for Golf Park Assist videos

Slightly off topic and I could be wrong, but I thought Park Assist meant front and read sensors (OPS) and Park Assist 2 was the self parking system thingy?
    MY12 147TSI Jetta DSG | CW | Sports Pack | Sunroof | Driver Electric Seat | RCD510 | Formula 1 Tint | MFSW Paddle Shifters

I thought PA2 was just an update to the software - revision 2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast