Support VWWC

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: Golf MK7 / MKVII Speculation / Pre-Release Information Thread

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by SChan View Post
    When is ur car arriving mate? It must be on the boat now or already in the country... just noticed ETA in your signature...
    It's on the boat First batch of 2012 built cars.
    MY12 Mk6 5 Door GTI | Candy White | Manual
    www.forcegt.com - for car nuts

Quote Originally Posted by AdamD View Post
    That's (old) news to me

I loved being able to tell certain car nut friends that my car was supercharged though

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by XTC838 View Post
    It's on the boat First batch of 2012 built cars.
    Cool... when did you order it?
    GTI BY & MY 12.5 - 5 Door
    DSG, Carbon Steel, Bi-xenon, 18inch Detroit, ACC, Sunroof, RVC, Leather, Dynaudio & Window tint. GOT IT

Users Country Flag
    Quote Originally Posted by SChan View Post
    Cool... when did you order it?
    end of October
    MY12 Mk6 5 Door GTI | Candy White | Manual
    www.forcegt.com - for car nuts

New Audi 3 door - undisguised.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJames View Post

Is that really undisguised? Previous articles had the reporters yakking on about a shorter overhang but this overhang on the A3 is massive!!?? I mean it looks worse than on the MkV/VI Golfs.

MQB Platform - Mark 7 Golf

I'm hearing you on the short overhangs. It is a fwd, so it will always have a long snout. Compare the stripped down version in this auto express.co.uk article: New VW MQB unveiled | News | Auto Express.

It ain't no Toyota FT86/Subaru BRZ ... that's for sure. I wonder if the rear dampers on that new MK7 MQB platform poke through the wheel arch ... if so, I could get a set of Volkswagen Driver Gears Sport Springs + Koni Sport dampers and adjust them from inside the boot, instead of having to drop them out like the MKV/MK6 Golf GTI which is a PITA. Maybe they're making the MK7 MQB more aftermarket upgrade/tuner friendly like the FT86/BRZ?

Cheers.
    WJ
    Last edited by WhiteJames; 03-02-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Users Country Flag
    Golf VII GTI expected to be 100kg lighter

AUSmotive.com » Golf VII GTI expected to be 100kg lighter
    Current Ride: MY 16 Daytona Pearl Grey Audi S3- Performance Pack 1, Sunroof and Driver assist

Mk7 gti

Doesn't suprise me that the std Golf, GTI and Golf R release dates would be closer together. Rolling out the MKV platform for another 3 years as a MK6 upgrade has given VAG plenty of time for R&D on each specific model in the Golf/Audi A3 range. The source article from the link above shows how far ahead VAG will be in terms of cost savings with the MQB platform, which will pulverise the competition (Polo GTI is already doing this). Suprised to see if the Golf GTI is a full 100kg lighter, I'd thought they lose about 15-20kgs at least from that 100kg weight saving with the addition of a proper mechanical LSD. I'd be suprised if Golf R starts with the EA113 KO4 motor and then swaps mid-cycle to a new EA888 motor. Should know in about 6 months or so when the Audi S3 hits the show stands around Oct 2012. I wouldn't be in a rush to upgrade as with any completely new model, always teething problems. Best to wait 12-18 mths after first batch for rectification of any issues.

Cancel the ST: next Golf GTI scooped - BBC Top Gear

Cheers.
    WJ
    Last edited by WhiteJames; 05-02-2012 at 07:50 AM.

Users Country Flag

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteJames View Post
    Doesn't suprise me that the std Golf, GTI and Golf R release dates would be closer together. Rolling out the MKV platform for another 3 years as a MK6 upgrade has given VAG plenty of time for R&D on each specific model in the Golf/Audi A3 range. The source article from the link above shows how far ahead VAG will be in terms of cost savings with the MQB platform, which will pulverise the competition (Polo GTI is already doing this). Suprised to see if the Golf GTI is a full 100kg lighter, I'd thought they lose about 15-20kgs at least from that 100kg weight saving with the addition of a proper mechanical LSD. I'd be suprised if Golf R starts with the EA113 KO4 motor and then swaps mid-cycle to a new EA888 motor. Should know in about 6 months or so when the Audi S3 hits the show stands around Oct 2012. I wouldn't be in a rush to upgrade as with any completely new model, always teething problems. Best to wait 12-18 mths after first batch for rectification of any issues.

Cancel the ST: next Golf GTI scooped - BBC Top Gear

Cheers.
    WJ
    Will they have a new R to go with new GTI qhen they start rolling out MKVII? I'm looking to buy an R but if they'll have a new one based on MKVII I'll wait.....it'll be a long wait I know

Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast